Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Are you "planet-positive"?



Tomorrow is Earth Day. I'll be honest I've never really paid too much attention to the environment and such until a year ago. Since then I've made changes in my lifestyle as my contribution to protecting and perhaps reversing damage already made to our environment. They are by no means grand gestures, just things like buying locally at the Farmer's Market (cuts down emissions and waist lines) as much as possible; reusing and recycling plastics and other containers; and growing my own plants for herbs and seasonings (saves money too). This year I'm adding to my list by swapping out all my cleaning supplies to an environmentally one. I found a great line, Legacy of Clean, that does the job, environmentally friendly, smells great and easy on the nose (my dog appreciates this). The process, product and package of Legacy of Clean are all "planet-positive".


So my question to you is what changes will you adopt to be "planet-positive"?

HAPPY EARTH DAY!!!

1 comment:

  1. good efforts! we need to increase consciousness and knowledge about more healthy products both for the consumer and environment alike. Switching to motion sensing light-emitting diodes are a wise choice too along with growing your own herbs and vegetables. There's a ton of sites promoting urban gardening too (http://www.urbanorganicgardener.com/) Composting is a easy fix for all the perishable waste we throw away. I turn my coffee grounds, egg shells, and peelings into a rich fertilizer after just a few weeks.

    Collecting rain water and setting up solar panels are also small steps toward independency from the grid and water system. I have devised a way to collect precip. for watering plants & flushing toilets and also promoting more sustainable productions like bamboo. There's even more ideas on this site: http://bit.ly/tsOa
    '
    'If enough of us started making the choice to promote those doing right with mother earth and shunning those who could care less, we would really be a much cleaner greener place! Good effort Mish! Every day is Earth Day!

    ReplyDelete